WHAT IS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE?
Here, in this era, we are day by day enhancing our living due to varied technologies. And no doubt, the technologies will increase exponentially. Artificial Intelligence is a multifaceted science with numerous approaches, nevertheless, advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry. Artificial intelligence (AI) is a broad-ranging offshoot of computer science capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence, concerned with building smart machines.
The patriarchs of the pasture Minsky and McCarthy, earlier in the 1950s described artificial intelligence as any task performed by a program or a machine. We would say the human had to apply intelligence to accomplish the task if a human carried out the same activity.
AI systems will commonly signify some of the following behaviors associated with human intelligence:
- knowledge representation,
- social intelligence
Testing resistant Gartner says that “Artificial Intelligence will Create 2.3 Million Jobs in 2020 While Eliminating 1.8 Million”.
Read more at :
Types of artificial intelligence
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI) – ANI is the feeble AI platform because that is advanced for a particular task.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) – AGI is also identified as strong AI or human-level AI. A machine can perform any intellectual task like a human being.
- Artificial superintelligence (ASI) – It’s been said that ASI is smarter than humans.
Why do we need Artificial Intelligence
- AI is concentrated on greater precision and accounts for more accuracy and very few errors, which means greater work efficiency.
- It analyzes deeper data for valuable insights.
- AI can nurture the capabilities of various devices with smart algorithms. Voice assistants, GPS trackers, and home automation systems are just a few examples.
- It can easily adapt to new input through progressive learning algorithms.
History of Artificial Intelligence
The Relationship between Digital Marketing and AI
AI holds distinct future opportunities in the field of digital marketing.
It sanctions experiences for customers,predictive analytics, and targeted marketing that will undoubtedly offer businesses with higher ROI.
Many marketers,previously were uncertain to incorporate their strategies with artificial intelligence.With regards to AI,
this year there is much confidence amongst marketers.
Through additional processes like the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, and Machine Learning, AI made its presence this year.
The coming years would see remarkable changes and impacts due to AI applications.
Impact Of AI on Artificial Intelligence
At figuring out which results to match with each search query, as machines get better, marketers need to get better at creating content that helps this — i.e. that users want to read.
WHAT IS SEO(Search Engine Optimization)?
The full form of SEO is Search Engine Optimization, and it is the practice of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
Experts are foreseeing the technical aspects, each day, that could be hugely influential to the SEO space in the future. When Google launched RankBrain, since 2015, AI has been playing animportant role in search algorithms and how they perform and return search engine results.
How AI helps?
- RankBrain is a machine learning system using its learning to understand the meaning of the content it crawls.
- Feedback is used by it to improve the accuracy of search results continuously, it learns user behaviors from their searching habits.
- SEO experts must gauge what will be the impact of artificial intelligence on SEO, as machine learning like RankBrain improves.
- It has an extensive practical search application, many of which are already in use.
Artificial intelligence, one can expect that will play an even more prominent role in SEO moving forward. Professionals who were taking advantage of artificial intelligence in SEO, particularly in the area of keyword research, see its positive impact on SEO in the years to come.
Specialists are also assuming that company sites that are not technically perfect will quickly fall behind in search engine rankings. They have started investing in machine learning to understand the meaning of the content crawled.
How AI is revolutionalizing the digital marketing sphere:
Some SEO(Search Engine Optimization) Tools that are Powered by Artificial Intelligence
Most of the websites usea useful artificial intelligence tool that uses machine learning to understand the themes that are used by search engines to connect to your content. It uses keywords along with useful suggestions for content topics. These suggestions help to understand the best content strategies to build SEO skills. It has also aimed at web analytics and social media marketing too apart from creating a content marketing strategy.
Artificial Intelligence has powered MarketMuse which is an SEO tool that boosts the creation of quality content that would further help in optimization and gaining ground in organic search.
Market Brew is an SEO tool backed by artificial intelligence. The tool finds out why websites rank below or above other sites on search engine result pages. It even helps to find out the position on search engines much before you would be able to.
How is Artificial Intelligence Changing Digital Marketing’s Face?
AI has changed the face of the Digital landscape, From Google’s RankBrainand Voice search to personalized recommendations by Amazon.
AI has a deeper comprehension and analysis of data and input AI is taking over the human role in identifying marketing trends. Machine learning and artificial intelligence are being incorporated by the brands and marketers to save their time and resources
1.Helps You Understand the Audience Better: AI can analyze decisions of your target customers, data to easily predict the buying behaviors and also improve user experience to provide the audience what they need.
2. More Effective Marketing: With AI’s data-driven analysis you can now create a more effective marketing strategy for your business.
3.Increase Productivity: Using AI, one can automate several repetitive tasks. This can help you increase productivity. Joe McKendrick says that “more than half of decision-makers (51%) admit that cost reduction is the area where AI is delivering first.” AI is concurrently helping businesses drive revenue and save money.
4.Increase ROI (Return on Investment): AI helps you create better-performing content and empowers decision-making. Implementation of AI in digital marketing allows one to reach their targeted audience.
Role of AI in Digital Marketing
Semantic search helps users to find answers for their search faster. It is a data searching technique that understands the user’s intent and contextual meaning of a search query rather than keywords. This can be done by AI by understanding the phrases.
It considers some factors like,
- User’s search history
- Previously stored data
- Current location
- Spelling variations
- Seasonal trends
- Local information
- Concept matching
- Time of search
The Evolution of semantic search
- Knowledge graph – May 2012
- Hummingbird algorithm – September 2013
- Rank brain –October 2015
Tips to optimize a site for semantic search
- Use Schema markup – It helps to index content faster and it also helps search engines to understand a lot about your copy.
- Keywords –The long-form keywords provide a more precise target. Within your content use more related keywords.
- LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Indexing) –They make sure to use LSI keywords in your Meta Description.
- Consider your audience –It understands the demographics and psychographics of your target audience.
- Content Creation and curation-Content creation AI often called Wordsmith has produced 1.5 billion pieces of content in 2016. It is a natural language generation platform that transforms your data into a readable narrative. Wordsmith has generated financial reports for the associated press.
Significance of AI:
- With the help of AI, we can write data-focused content such as sports stories, stock updates, and financial reports. Concerning Gartner, by 2018, 20% of business content will be authored by machines.
- AI helps to produce 2000 articles per second. Content creation along with Artificial Intelligence is more effective.
- Like Artificial Intelligence, AI shapes content curation. The perfect example of content curation is e-commerce websites like Amazon. According to Mckinsey, 35% of Amazon’s (e-commerce site) revenue is generated by its recommendation engine.
Ads are moreover essential for brand promotion and AI helps in generating and promoting online Ads. It can generate or improve Ads content based on the user’s interests, preferences, likes, and dislikes.
Significance of AI:
- Google Ad platforms have already been using artificial intelligence and machine learning to target the audience.
- AI helps to promote ads to users based on their search history, previous purchase, demographics, interests, etc and finally AI can display the right ads to the right audience at the right time. This will give a better ROI to advertisers.
- According to eMarketer, by 2019, 84% of digital display Ads in the US will be programmatic.
Predictive marketing is forecasting marketing success. AI helps marketers to predict future business accurately. It refers to the use of data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to analyze historical data to predict future trends.
Significance of AI:
- When the user’s browses on the internet every time AI collects the information related to the user’s online behavior and analyzes that data.
- The data reveals a lot of information like the buying frequency and brand preferences of the user. AI can understand the preferences of the consumer with the data it has already analyzed.
- It helps companies to understand what their customers want. It helps in predicting the purchasing behavior of your target customer.
- Predictive analytics is helping companies to manage their production plan, and it is based on the demand and supply prediction.
- Concerning narrative science, 44% of executives believe that AI’s most important benefit is decision making.
According to a recent study, it has shown that 50% of all searches will be voice search by 2020. Apple and Google developed their assistants known as Siri and Google assistant.
Significance of AI:
- Easier and quicker way to search for information.
- It changes future SEO strategies so it is necessary for marketers to optimize their content with voice friendly long-tail keywords.
- It helps to create web pages that provide direct answers to the questions because Voice searches always looking for ‘WH questions’.
Target right audience
To target, the right audience is very important in online business.
Significance of AI:
- Google analytics which is powered by Artificial intelligence can segment the audience depends on location, demographics like age, gender, education, income, profession, etc and psychographics like interest, preferences, attitudes, etc.
- AI helps to decide which target audience is best for your product or service.
- It helps to analyzebillions of data line items on a single user profile, that will help digital marketers to market the products to the various customer segments effectively.
A/B testing named split testing or bucket testing. Techopedia says that A/B testing is an online marketing tactic comparing two versions of web pages to identify, which one is preferred by consumers.
Significance of AI:
- Artificial intelligence-based tools test a bunch of hypotheses at a time and improve results much quicker and more efficiently than humans.
- It is used to increase the effectiveness of the Conversion rate.
- Sentient Ascend platform allows testing thousands of hypotheses concurrently. It helps infinding the top-performing variations faster.
- Lead scoring
It is a methodology for ranking leads based on customer behavior relating to their interest in product or service. It helps to identify someone likely to engage or buy. None ever wants to lose their time with unqualified leads and it helps to focus on qualified leads. Companies are scoring leads by using terms like hot, warm, and cold
- Hot – A Hot lead is somebody ready to buy.
- Warm – A warm lead is somebody interested in the product or service.
- Cold – a person not showing interest in your product or service.
Artificial intelligence helps to prioritize real hot leads and it helps to improve sales productivity and proactively.
AI already helping to make awesome transitive web pages. AI helps to design websites enormously easier, faster, and with a few clicks. The application like Grid uses artificial intelligence named Molly to design a website within minutes based on pieces of information provided by users like images, page layout, text, calls-to-action, and many more.
How AI Will Change Jobs In Digital Marketing?
Nowadays AI and machine learning truly are leading technologies in marketing. They are used for numerous kinds of activities. Marketers can leverage them to:
- Understand their audiences
- Personalize offerings
- Streamline content production
- Research more deeply
- Collect and analyze more massive amounts of data
- Apply data quickly to business decisions
How Will AI and Automation Change the Experience of Customers?
AI is changing the customer experience already in many ways. Messenger applications like WhatsApp are now being used for customer service more enormously than ever.
They help as:
- It can be employed 24/7 and globally to help answer basic questions or even customize experiences for purchasers.
- They help customers look for products and also recommend them.
- While they are not yet advanced enough to offer detailed answers or handle conflict, they can take care of simple customer service inquiries that can eat up a lot of time for staff.
- Personal shopping with robots in-store and via chatbots.
- Walmart has robots to choose products and add to shopping carts, and this robotic “picking” is at big warehouses like Amazon.
Which Jobs Are Most at Stake?
There are some 10 million jobs at risk with automation, and the most at-risk categories are service, retail workers, and warehouse. Factories have already experienced some after-effects.
Robots are conquering over facets, as is E-commerce, so those who are already in retail but not adept at digital marketing or ready to find alternative solutions have jobs that are at stake than those of digital marketers when it comes to jobs. AI is increasingly being used to make investment decisions, the same as the case with Wealthsimple, a Canadian AI-based investment platform.
AI is taking over some content creation and curation jobs, with programs like Wordsmith able to generate automated content.
AI is concurrently being used to direct and manage large-scale email campaigns and personalize them more directly using data collected from contacts. There are numerous automated email programs. Few of them use AI to help direct potential customers in the right way.
Automated ads(advertisements) are becoming the standard as platforms like Facebook and Google Ads are increasingly turning to AI power for data collection, analytics, and targeting. On a small scale, this saves a company thousands of dollars a year in manpower, so it’s certainly worth noting that this type of software could replace jobs.
It uses large amounts of data to optimize and target ads for conversions and has done a lot for increasing performance.
What must be your Approach?
If you’re not at all ready to learn how to use this kind of software or you see automation as a threat then, yes, your job may be threatened. But if you’re on the ball and continually learning and practicing, as most digital professionals should be, you will be able to use automation to your advantage, learning new skills becoming even more competitive in the marketplace.
What needs to be done?
- Technology is always evolving and growing, and companies need to pay attention to ongoing learning opportunities to avoid laying off those who don’t appear as adept at tech and applying new levels of technology.
- Those who can train their teams efficiently as well as understand how to leverage new tools like AI will be more competitive. But we need to be prepared for such changes, and this requires careful planning.
MEGATRENDS INFLUENCING YOUR MARKETING JOBS
- Ever and ever more informed customers
- Large digital players take more control of the customer journey
- Faster (digital) product cycles, a newbie forever and ever
- Marketing technology innovation cycles shorter and shorter
- Technology explosion, everything becomes smart
- New consumption patterns
- Self-learning machines & automation
- Brands evolve to open platforms
The New Reality for CMO’s
Being a CMO is full of challenges…
CMO’s are responsible for the classic marketing mix. You know, the 4C’s or 4P’s. That has changed. Today they need to take charge of much more: digital transformation, customer experience, marketing technology, and social business.
Ever faster change
Marketers nowadays feel overwhelmed with the speed of change happening in the job.
Everything seems to be new, always. It’s never easy, it’s always complicated. And by the time we started understanding something, it becomes already outdated as a tactic.
The speed of change in the field of marketing, read at:
As CMO’s try to cope with their expanded responsibilities, they are nothing without the correct organization. The outdated decision-making structure (governance) is making a slow and cumbersome process change.
Some change seems impossible: They are responsible for customer experience but have no span of control over the organization to make the necessary changes.
CASE STUDIES ON IMPACT OF AI ON SEO :
From unadorned website optimization to the complex process of enhancing the content, Search Engine Optimization over the last decade has gone through various changes. While some of the aspects have never changed, such as keywords and meta tags optimizations, SEO evolved a little more when it came to mobile optimization and social media marketing.
Dawn Anderson – Managing Director at Bertey
Dawn Anderson says that the impact of AI on SEO in 2020 is not anywhere near as much as you think. AI and machine learning are utilized much less as they are in theory. There will be elements of AI and machine learning in areas of search ranking and classification, for example, Google BERT, Elmo, and BERT’s various descendants, the implementation of huge change across legacy systems is quite problematic. Developments are picking up in pace, and there are still many open problems.
Omi Sido is Senior Technical SEO at Canon Europe
Omi Sido says that with more and more competitors on the web, the factors that are gradually influencing search algorithms are increasingly becoming more complex.
So, on one side, Google is using AI to better understand the ‘search intent’ by mimicking human behavior. Thus, AI is set to change the SEO landscape in 2020 and beyond, by shifting the focus back onto the user behavior.
On another side, SEOs (Digital Marketers) are already using Artificial Intelligence (data mining, machine learning) to analyze historical data to predict future trends. Again, the focus is on human behavior, so he guessed we are all going in the same ‘human behavior first’ direction.”
Malhar Barai – Head Marketing at Global Tech Giant
Malhar Barai says that he believed there was always a certain degree of AI in SEO. Google has always said that their algorithms were intelligent enough to pick up spam-related activities and will continue to improve on that. Similarly, in 2020, Google would want to continue the search on their platform and would want the people to spend more time on the platform. It will find several ways like mobile-first indexing, featured snippets, local listing, personalization, etc. to ensure that the people stay longer on the platform and will leverage AI to achieve its goal.
Given the capabilities of AI, the people would see more personalized results depending on the device, location, and time of day. So be happy and keep Googling in 2020!!”
Want to read more case studies? GREAT!
Check out the following link:
An interesting fact:
Will Robots take away marketing jobs shortly?
Well, now we can clearly understand AI is going to take its place shortly.
A bit hard pill to engulf but have to admit that AI is the future.
Artificial intelligence is an incredible technology that can work wonders and beautifully emerges your brand.
- Using AI digital marketing strategies helps brands deliver improved customer experience. It ensures faster problem-solving for consumers.
- Machines will be able to sort, store, and simple; but the retrieval is not as effective as in terms of the human brain.
- The impact of artificial intelligence on digital marketing would be the new fact to productivity and proficiency.
- AI is an active technology on the rise, can create wonders in a vast number of fields. The strategies of AI in digital marketing not only make things easier for brands but also solves customer issues.
Therefore Artificial Intelligence can benefit Digital Marketing Strategy. AI will never replace the jobs of marketers or advertisers.It is to the up true strategic game and creative potential. For this advertisers and marketers must modify themselves to the current AI trend.
By:- Sneha Routh